Gabba Gabba Hey : An Anthology Of Fiction Inspired By The Music Of The Ramones
Back in December 2020 two writers (Anthony Neil Smith and Matthew Gomez) were shooting the shit on Twitter when one of them suggested that what the world really needed was an anthology of short-stories based around The Ramones – what a dream it’d be if only they could persuade a publisher to take a risk and green-light the project.
It literally took them a couple of tweets and one direct message to convince us that Fahrenheit Press was where this anthology was meant to live.
We got literally hundreds of submissions and from them we've chosen 24 stories to make up what might just be the greatest rock-n-roll anthology ever assembled.
Seriously, look at this track-listing...
- Do You Remember Rock 'n’ Roll Radio by David Noonan
- It's Not My Place by Philip Charter
- I Wanna Be Well by Christopher Bond
- Somebody Put Something in My Drink by CW Blackwell
- I Wanna Live by Clark Boyd
- Pinhead by Kelly Robinson
- Suzy Is A Headbanger by Derek Farrell
- Cretin Hopp by Mike Burr
- Rockaway Beach by Lex Vranick
- The KKK Took My Baby Away by Kevin David Anderson
- The Crusher by Shaun Avery
- 7/11 by Amanda Crum
- I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend by Vinnie Hansen
- S.L.U.G. by Thomas Pluck
- Danny Says by Hannah O’Doom
- My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg) by Bret Nelson
- Baby I Love You by Tina Jackson
- Chainsaw by Gregory Nicoll
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow by James Ryan
- Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight) by Joshua L. James
- Sheena Is a Punk Rocker by Wendy Davis
- I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement by Christina Delia
- Main Man by Joseph S. Walker
- Too Tough To Die by Jon Park
The stories are as varied as the songs themselves ranging through the Crime, Horror and Music genres from writers from all across the USA and Europe - some of whom knew or met or even played with The Ramones. For example the anthology kicks off with a first-hand account written by David Noonan (DT Graves - drummer & founder member of punk stalwarts The Cryptkeeper Five) where he recounts the night he backed up Joey Ramones on the drums - from there the anthology blasts off into a world of Ramones tales & stories that just keep building and building with an intensity that mirrors the songs themselves.
Add to that an Introduction written by Fahrenheit founder and life long Ramones fanatic Chris McVeigh + a preface written by author & LA Punk Queen BRENDA PERLIN (@LosAngelesPunkRocker on Instagram) and it's fair to say that this book really is something special and a must have for any Ramones fan.
The book will be printed 8.5" x 8.5" format and made available in both Paperback (£14.99) & Hardback (£24.99)
There will also be a very limited edition fine art print of the painting featured on the cover 'Hey Ho, Let's Go..." which was painted by Fahrenheit founder Chris McVeigh - click here for more details.
Coming Soon : Buy from Amazon